"Kick a Bug Juice"

A while back I was tackling that uncontrollable pile of magazines that always acculmulates in my house. I came across a recipe for "kick a bug" juice. I hung it on the cupboard and thought I would use it the next time I was sick. Well, about six months later...I have a head cold that is just lingering on. Mom of two little ones being a the slightest bit sick is no fun at all. So I threw together the "kick the bug" juice. I just so happend to have all the ingredients on hand. I am not sure if it is the mixture that is kicking the bug or the thought of actually drinking this concoction that makes one think themself better. Nonetheless I am giving it a try and will definately report back on how I think it works.

The recipe comes from Carolinas Natural Health Center.
Kick-a-Bug Juice
Indications
:
Sore throat or any inflammation or infection in the throat and neck
ear infections
nasal or sinus congestion
This potent juice will amp your immune system and get you well!
upper respiratory infections including coughs, bronchitis, runny nose, etc.
Supplies:
1 quart water
1/2 cup honey, raw if possible
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 full head of garlic, peeled
1/3 cup sliced fresh ginger
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
Directions:
Put water in large pot with garlic cloves, ginger and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil, then
reduce heat and simmer until garlic is translucent and very soft, about 15-20 minutes.
Remove from heat and add vinegar and honey. Stir well.
Take a tablespoon of liquid and one garlic clove every half an hour or more frequently
until health is returned. You may also pour a cup and sip as desired. You may break a
sweat (that’s good)!

I can just see back about fifty years ago when this was the remedy for many common illnesses. So why have we gone to so many antiobiotics and other medicines?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4 - Whole 30

Another try at WHOLE 30.