Week 2 and Day 9

This week I have lots of leftovers from the weekend so you will see those in my menu...but then some new items too.

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Monday Day 8
Cinnamon Braised Beef Over Ice Berg lettuce with salsa and Avocado
I had one of the Aidell’s Chicken Apple Sausages
Tuesday Day 9 
Cinnamon Braised Beef Over Sautéed Yellow Peppers and Zucchini and Topped with Fresh Salsa
Taco Salad with Boiled Taco Chicken
Wednesday Day 10
Taco Salad
Grilled Chicken Over Salad
Thursday Day 11
 Slow Cooker Breakfast Meatloaf and Easy Over Egg
Grilled Chicken over Salad
Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp With Zucchini Noodles and Asparagus
Friday Day 12
Paleo Shrimp
Saturday Day 13
Coconut Chicken
Parsnip Wedges topped with Chili from freezer
Sunday Day 14
Sweet Potato Hash
Chilli and Parsnip Wedges

Monday Day 8...I was very tired and really started to want to eat some real food. The kids' macaroni and cheese looked scrumptious and so did their hot dogs. I am on major healthy kick and look at what I am feeding my kids. Some days something has to give and ton this day we had a baseball game and I was tired from being on Day 8...well and I will say that it is a better mac and cheese and I thought really good hot dogs...until I read the labels and realized that they have quite a bit of Soy in them...how does the Soy constitute a Hot Dog....I thought Hot Dogs were suppose to be made from pig not soy.

Tuesday Day 9...Today...I decided that after a crazy week last week that I was going to listen more to me and take a easy. Also being a week in with the Whole 30...I want to succeed at the full 30 days and know that somewhere I need to have a little grace with myself. So today, I did not go watch the foundation walls of our new home be poured. I will be surprised and in awe with my husband when we go this weekend. I did not go to bible study. I stayed home and took a hot sea salt bath, drank tea and relaxed while my daughter took her first nap.

My food today...I topped the Frittata with a little salsa and cut up avocado. This is a good frittata but in my husband's words it is healthy. No cheese or sour cream...so this is where I got creative and added some moisture with the salsa and what doesn't taste good with avocado. I have been eating avocado quite a bit lately and it might just get old if I do not cool it.

For a snack I ate two tablespoons of Almond Butter with an apple...I know snacks are not Whole 30...but the foods are Whole 30 and I am a nursing mommy to a five month old. So snacks are going to have to be ok for this momma.

For lunch I had the rest of the Cinnamon Braised Beef over about half a cup of sautéed yellow peppers and zucchini. I drizzled it with a some of the fresh salsa and yum! Glad that I finished it but still very good!

For dinner I am having friends over and was going to try a new dish of Coconut Chicken Fingers but decided to go on the safe side and fix tacos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Kick a Bug Juice"

Day 4 - Whole 30

Another try at WHOLE 30.