Brr...It is COOOOLD!


Day 121

As I sit here at 5 a.m., it is a little chilly here in our “palace.” I keep turning the heat up and realize that no matter what I do, it is blowing cold air…uh-oh. Good thing we have secondary heat options and everyone is hunkered down in nice warm down comforters with shelter over their heads. 

To-do for tomorrow…figure out why the heat is not coming on? Maybe our of propane? I hope it is such a simple fix. (update...I turned the stove on- well attempted to, and we are out of propane! Thank Goodness!!)

I started out here thinking I was going to give a house update. So here it goes, wait all I can think about is cuddling up by our fireplace that is on the way to our new home. Well, there is an update…the laminate floor guys were here to install the laminate. (They are done and it looks amazing! YEAH - one step closer.) But back to the fireplace, we built a hearth for the fireplace to sit on and it is “almost” finished…it is missing the key element of the plywood under the cement board. Well, the head laminate guy thought it might be a good idea to step on the hearth…not such a good idea for an over 200 lb. man…he went right through the cement board. Off to the sunset store (Home Depot) to buy a new piece tomorrow, along with the plywood to finish it this time. 
The hearth with the cement board prior to the foot through it. 

The boom bringing the the concrete in.
Patios are being poured but now we are on standstill waiting for the last two to be finished...while we wait for the break in the rain.

Laminate…I mentioned it is done. It was so hard for me not to get down and help the guys install it. I watched them get started, which took about a full day. Their starting point was lakeside by the four french doors and it was not falling into place for them. I recalled doing laminate flooring with Toby at our rental house we had the same issue…but they started going and now it is done with not one spare piece of laminate. They had exactly enough — crazy?!? So back to the head guy and the hearth…he is coming back to do the carpet so I wanted to just let him know that he just needs to tell me or the contractor if something gets damaged while he is on site. Just curious but growing up was I the only one that was taught that if you break something, you tell someone about it? He failed to mention anything to me — till I asked him about it and then acted as if it was my fault…I do not mind replacing and fixing it because I admit I did not finish the job but own up to it and tell the owner or the contractor about it. 
Laaaaaaaminate.....good choice hubby!

Cabinets - Were installed last week and I cannot wait to fill them with all of our belongings and have that new home surplus of too many cabinets! I would highly recommend the company that we got them from to anyone! Custom made painted cabinets for less than ProBuild would of sold me painted boxed cabinets. Thanks for the referral friends. 
Kitchen cabinets with laminate...
Cabinets in Laundry Room with vinyl...
Addison standing in the microwave shelf.
My other kiddos had handprints with ink and cute paper...Addie, gets handprints in the dust of the microwave shelf! 
Vinyl - more flooring went in this past week and is done!

Painting - the painter is working on painting all the trim on the inside and outside — what a HUGE job! He also has all the doors lined up in the bonus room to paint. I just giggle every time I see them and think of Monsters Inc. I have this little urge to go paint them different colors. 
Staircase...
The famous question…when is move in date? Yes, we would all like to know. At this point it is about December 1st, just in time for Christmas! 

Our shower is a unique one and the installer is booked out till November 17th and then our job takes about 10 working days. (He will be doing all tile work when he comes in, the hearth, backsplash and bathroom.) I thought great, the end of November, well then I realized that he is probably going to take Thanksgiving off and maybe Black Friday. Still working on getting the job simplified for him, but I think it is better to think the furthest date possible and then be pleasantly surprised when it is sooner than the opposite. 


We will be in it before 2015, so yeah for that. We are sad that we will not be in it in time to celebrate our youngest’s first birthday, which has always been our plan but she can celebrate all the rest of her birthdays in it if she wants. 
Let screen time prevail....for now!

Our first harvest from our 10 acres!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4 - Whole 30

"Kick a Bug Juice"

Another try at WHOLE 30.