Whole 30 - Take 2

Well, it has been over four months since our daughter was born and it is time to get back in shape. I really like to think of it as getting healthy...I am pretty healthy most of the time but do love my sweets! I have been loving my sweets a little too much in the past few months and if I don't do something soon...I am going to have to buy some new clothes - NOT AN OPTION.

So it is time to do something...I am an all or nothing kind of gal...if I am going to do something, I need to do it 110% or my excuses take over and I end up doing nothing at all. So I came across a blog called Whole 30 right after I found out I was pregnant with my third child and I knew that I needed to start this pregnancy off this way. So I did my first Whole 30 about a year ago...I ended up not doing it 110% more like 80% but it was great, I felt wonderful and was on a healthy track to kick my pregnancy off.

I believe in the Whole 30, I really do, I think we eat a lot of crap because it is so easy and quick and let's be honest, I have kids and they want the crap too! So change is good and my road started today.

BREAKFAST

For breakfast today I had Sweet Potato, Apple and Pancetta Hash. I didn't have any Pancetta, (honestly, it is on my list to google to find out what it is) so I used bacon. It was ok but think it could be better making it a second time and cutting my sweet potato and apple smaller.

EXERCISE

Part of this new 30 Days to a healthier me...involves a commitment to exercise. I am committing to doing as much Yoga as I can for the 30 Days to help stretch me out and get me going. Today, I got 30 minutes of the P90X Yoga in - Yeah!

So far so good...no cheating on food and I got a workout in!

Little girl and I went out and ran some errands...need to get the ingredients for meals this week and I had a snack of fresh veggies as I drove from place to place.

LUNCH

Onto lunch...was just going to wing a green salad with tuna fish on it...but really needed something more so I found this Tuna Salad recipe on-line. Seriously, what did our parents do without Google? I changed it up a bit, adding celery and I did cheat - Day 1 and already breaking the rules. I am out of olive oil so I couldn't make any homemade mayo so I justified the Veganese from the fridge. I put my salad on top of mixed greens and called it good.

DINNER

So for dinner it is Paleo Tex-Mex Casserole...I have it made and in the oven. Overall it looks good and taste good deconstructed...so it was surprisingly better than I had imagined the boys even sampled it. I think they would of ate more if it wasn't so spicy. I do not think the recipe needs to be tweaked at all when it comes to the spice level...I think I need to purchase new Cayenne Pepper that is not so fresh! Every time I make something that calls for Cayenne it turns out on the very spicy side. It isn't very often that you hear of someone complaining about their spices being too fresh.

SNACKS

I had a few little snacks today:
- freshly dried pineapple I couldn't pass up
- a handful of almonds
- a date - haven't made my "Larabars" yet...so settled for just a date.

For now...here is what I have planned for my meals this week:


Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snack Ideas
Monday Day 1
Tuma Salad on top of Fresh Grens
Larabars
Tuesday Day 2
Tuma Salad on top of Fresh Grens
Paleo Tex Mes
Veggies
Wednesday Day 3
Apples and PB
Thursday Day 4
Leftovers of Sweet Potato.. and Tex Mex
Asian chicken salad with friends…not totally whole 30. 
Asian Chicken Salad
Friday Day 5
 Slow Cooker Breakfast Meatloaf and Easy Over Egg
Asian Chicken Salad
A little of the Asian Chicken Salad

Saturday Day 6
 Slow Cooker Breakfast Meatloaf and Easy Over Egg
Green salad with Grilled chicken

Sunday Day 7
1/4 Avocado, Veggies, Nuts and Seeds
Cinnamon Braised Beef  bone broth  over sautéed zucchini and peppers…topped with cilantro and g onions

Day 1 complete....I do feel a little easily irritated and had a headache throughout the day. I skipped coffee altogether. Now time for some rest....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Kick a Bug Juice"

Day 4 - Whole 30

Another try at WHOLE 30.